Self portrait vs. Selfie

Self portrait vs. Selfie

A selfie is a picture that is clearly taken by hand on a device of some sort. A selfie is usually taken on a smart phone. You usually can see the arm and there is a quick, short, story behind it. A self-portrait is a picture that has a long story, with background context. The context usually has a long story, and some sort of prompt to it. I believe there is a difference between a selfie, and a self-portrait. The difference is that, a selfie is taken on the spot, without thought, while a self portrait is taken with thought, and consideration. I prefer taking both, actually. I take selfies when I talk to people on social media. I take self portraits when I put thought into it. And I take self portraits, with my friends. When I choose to take a selfie, I choose a selfie, because it's fast and easy to take, and doesn't take too much time. When I take a self portraits, I usually put thought in and have a plan on what I do. I would say that self portrait's are more valuable, just because there is more of a back story. Selfies are valuable to show quick on the spot things.

PART 2

I chose the blog "Photojojo *heart*'s Tumblr." From first glance, the blog seems fun and kinda laid back, and has the general feel of ease and easiness. Scrolling through, my eyes go straight to the photos shown. The photos are exceptional, and eye catching. The first three photo's at the top of the page, are straight photography. They have good intentions. As read the caption, and link to the specific page the top three have tips, interesting stories, and a fun article about the difference in the person and the camera. As I continue scrolling through the main page, I see a mixture of tips, her photography, and websites to buy things you may need. The intentions of this blog, is to share a more relaxed and fun way to share tips and tricks. The girl writes about tricks she has found helpful. She writes about things that she likes, and finds useful, for her, and other people. An average viewer could get understandable tips, and help on how to do things. They could also get ideas on photos, and and you can also get ideas on what to buy next to expand your experience on photography. To be completely honest, I would add this to my bookmark list. I would also recommend this website to others.

I would honestly give this website a 4. I give it this, because, personally it lacks the professionalism you would see on a big website. But, that's why I like it. The tutorials that are on there, are easily understandable, and easy to figure out.

PART 3

Something I want to share, that I personally like about this blog, is the interactive-ness. I was looking around the blog, and I saw a quiz. I was expecting it to be more of a 'buzzfeed' phony quiz. While I'm being honest, the first question was about ice cream. I continued scrolling, taking the test, and at the end, it said count up your answers and figure it out. And the quiz was fairly accurate. The quiz was a promotion for a product by Photojojo, and the product was an essential photography kit. There were 3 colors; red, black, and blue. At the end of the quiz, it said that the blue color was meant for me. And that's fairly accurate. My favorite color is blue, so, yeah, I think that this quiz was a fun idea. 
I want to share this, because it shows that this girl is passionate about photography, but also keeps in mind the thought of her followers, and the like-ness of what she shows rather than being boring, and showing only things she does and wants. 


Comments

Popular Posts