Self Portrait Into

Self Portrait Intro

Tip #1

"1. Alter Your Perspective

Most portraits are taken with the camera at (or around) the eye level of the subject. While this is good common sense – completely changing the angle that you shoot from can give your portrait a real WOW factor." -from the article 'ways to take stunning portraits'
Tip #2
"Get Closer
The most common mistake made by photographers is that they are not physically close enough to their subjects. In some cases this means that the center of interest—the subject—is just a speck, too small to have any impact. Even when it is big enough to be decipherable, it usually carries little meaning. Viewers can sense when a subject is small because it was supposed to be and when it's small because the photographer was too shy to get close.
Don't be shy. If you approach people in the right way, they'll usually be happy to have their picture made. It's up to you to break the ice and get them to cooperate. Joke around with them. Tell them why you want to make the picture. Practice with people you know so that you are comfortable; people can sense when you aren't." -from the article 'people and portrait photography'
Environmental Picture
Environmental portrait | Barry BrownI liked this picture because you have your main subject, but you also have his own art work.
Portraits of all types | Stephen Baxter's Digital Photography
I liked this picture because this subject is holding up his own piece of art himself. Something he works on himself.
SELF PORTRAIT
Savanah Storm .: Self Portraits and Portraits Part 2 I liked this picture because you have a woman who has very feminine features, but the mustache to distract from the regular stereotypes.
Best 25+ Self portrait photography ideas on Pinterest | Self photography, Creative portrait ...I liked this picture because it is very natural, and simple. You have a simple background, and a natural easy look. Not tried to hard.

CASUAL PORTRAIT

Victoria Photographer | Casual Coffee Portraits » Victoria Photographer | Portrait and Event ...I like this picture because its simple and has a very focused look on the subject.

Hampshire Photographer - Casual Portrait SessionI liked this photo because it has that young but torn look. You have a young subject, with the old filter. It also has a main focus on the face because of the lighting.

PLAN FOR PICTURES

My plan for my pictures is to take some pictures here at my home. I also plan to take pictures in Dallas with my grandparents. To take for my casual picture, I will use either, my grandmother, or grandfather for a subject. I have an idea of taking picture of each of them at a farm, so we get that dirty, old look. For my self portraits, I will take photos of me standing either in front of a brick wall or maybe and old fence. Because it is fall, I will use leaves for some of my portraits. It will give my photos a rustic feel. With the brick wall I will probably hang up signs of good things to keep in mind for 'self motivation.' With the pictures at my home, I will be at home, with natural, more 'paparazzi' looks. 

Comments

Popular Posts